Classic Fried Rice
Cook time: 10 – 15 mins Prep time: 10 – 15 mins Servings: 2
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup frozen vegetable medley
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 ½ tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- pepper, to taste
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add beaten eggs, scramble, and set aside.
- Heat another 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium-high heat and saute the onions.
- Add the frozen vegetables and cook until the water is gone and the vegetables begin to brown.
- Add scallions and brown rice.
- Add scrambled eggs into the pan and season with soy sauce and pepper, to taste.
Tip: Use cooked rice from the day before and stored overnight in the fridge.