Carl Bertelsen, MD
General surgeon, Surgical oncologist, Breast surgeon
Bio: Dr. Carl A. Bertelsen is board certified in general surgery and fellowship trained in surgical oncology. His primary clinical focus is on the surgical treatment of breast cancer. He received his undergraduate degree in biology from Stanford University and his M.D. degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. His residency and fellowship training were both performed at the UCLA Medical Center. In his spare time, Dr. Bertelsen is a passionate sailor, enjoys mountain climbing, all water sports, fishing, and gardening. Dr. Bertelsen has been married for 36 years and has two adult children, both in medicine.
- Residency: UCLA David Geffen School Of Medicine Registrar (1986) CA
- Internship: UCLA David Geffen School Of Medicine Registrar (1980) CA
- Board Certification: General Surgery, American Board of Surgery (1987)
- Fellowship: UCLA Med Ctr - La (1983) CA
- Medical Education: University of Cincinnati (1975) OH