Melissa S. Burroughs Peña, MD, MS, FACC
Bio: Melissa Burroughs Peña is a general cardiologist with a particular expertise in preventive cardiology and advanced echocardiography. Dr. Burroughs Peña takes a holistic approach to the management of cardiovascular disease, applying the latest medical research to individualized patient-centered care. She enjoys caring for diverse patient population of Bay Area. She has lived in South America and enjoys traveling and spending time outdoors with her husband and 2 children.
- Board Certification: Adult Comprehensive Echocardiography, National Board of Echocardiography (2017)
- Board Certification: Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine (2015)
- Fellowship: Duke University Graduate School (2015) NC
- Board Certification: Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine (2011)
- Residency: University of California - San Francisco (2011) CA
- Medical Education: Harvard Medical School (2008) MA