Instructor, Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine
- Board Certification: Anesthesia, American Board of Anesthesiology (2014)
- Residency: Stanford University School of Medicine (2013) CA
- Internship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (2010) NY
- Fellowship, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Research (2013)
- Medical Education: Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2009) NY
- PhD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Neuroscience (2009)
- BS, Yale University, Psychobiology/Neuroscience (1999)
Honors & Awards
- Mentored Research Training Grant - Basic Science, Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research (2013-2015)
- Oustanding Contributions to Anesthesia Research, Department of Anesthesiology, Pain & Perioperative Medicine (2013)
- Internal Grant Program Award, Department of Anesthesiology, Pain & Perioperative Medicine (2012)
Chronic pain. Decreased motivation during chronic pain requires long-term depression in the nucleus accumbens.
Schwartz, N., Temkin, P., Jurado, S., Lim, B. K., Heifets, B. D., & Malenka, R. C. (2014). Chronic pain. Decreased motivation during chronic pain requires long-term depression in the nucleus accumbens. Science , 345(6196), 535-542.