- Residency: Stanford University Hospital -Clinical Excellence Research Center (2006) CA
- Board Certification: Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine (2006)
- Board Certification: Hospice and Palliative Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine (2008)
- Fellowship: Palo Alto VA Healthcare System (2007) CA
- Medical Education: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine (2003) OH
Honors & Awards
- Arnold P. Gold Professorship, Arnold P. Gold Foundation (2011-2014)
- Isaac Stein Award for Compassionate Care, Stanford Hospital and Clinics Board of Directors (September 23, 2009)
- Stanford Commitee on Professional Satisfaction and Support, Stanford University Medical Center (2012 - Present)
- Ethics Committee, Co-Chair, Stanford University Medical Center (2007 - Present)
- Associate Residency Program Director, Department of Medicine (2011 - Present)
- Chairperson, Jonathan King Lectureship Committee (2011 - Present)
Late referral to palliative care consultation service: length of stay and in-hospital mortality outcomes.
Humphreys, J., & Harman, S. (2014). Late referral to palliative care consultation service: length of stay and in-hospital mortality outcomes. The Journal of community and supportive oncology, 12(4), 129-136.
Update in Palliative Care-2011
Harris, P. F., Arnold, R. M., Braun, U. K., Fromme, E., Ghermay, R., & Walling, A. M. (2012). Update in Palliative Care-2011. JOURNAL OF GENERAL INTERNAL MEDICINE, 27(5), 582-587.
Palliative Care Rounds: Toward Evidence-Based Practice
Dy, S. M., Harman, S. M., Braun, U. K., Howie, L. J., Harris, P. F., & Jayes, R. L. (2012). Palliative Care Rounds: Toward Evidence-Based Practice. JOURNAL OF PAIN AND SYMPTOM MANAGEMENT, 43(4), 795-801.
Clinical trials are research studies that evaluate a new medical approach, device, drug, or other treatment. As a Stanford Health Care patient, you may have access to the latest, advanced clinical trials.
Open trials refer to studies currently accepting participants. Closed trials are not currently enrolling, but may open in the future.