Having Radiation Therapy at Stanford
We know that there is a lot to think about and learn when you need radiation therapy. You may be wondering what radiation therapy is, what the experience is like at Stanford Health Care, and how to prepare. You may also be wondering how you will manage treatment along with work, school, responsibilities, relationships, and life in general.
This is why we have created an online radiation therapy experience program to help you feel informed, comfortable, and confident with your external beam radiation treatment at Stanford Health Care.
This program will answer many of your questions, including:
- What is the radiation therapy like at Stanford Health Care and what is the process?
- What are the side effects and how can I manage them?
- Why do I need to have a simulation visit and how do I prepare for that?
- Who will I see when I go for my radiation therapy?
- When will I find out my radiation therapy schedule?
- What should I do if I don’t understand something?
- How can I cope with the feelings and emotions that I have?
What you’ll learn
- What radiation therapy is and how it treats cancer
- About radiation therapy experience at Stanford Health Care:
- How to prepare for the treatment experience
- What to expect and do during treatment
- What comes next after treatment
Online health class for learning how to prepare and what to expect before, during and after your radiation therapy experience at Stanford Health Care. Best of all, this flexible, digital program is available any time - simply click on the link.
Click the button below to access the online program.