Mind Body Balance: It's the New Healthy
Whether you are in good health or dealing with chronic health issues, this course will teach you what it takes to achieve optimal health from the inside out. Lasting change comes from understanding the rationale for healthy habits and having the social support to guide you towards lifestyle change. In this course, you will learn what it takes to achieve your best health, alongside other like-minded people on the same journey.
The following topics will be covered:
- The Mind Body Connection – We will discuss the intimate relationship between the mind and the body, and how to tap into this connection for healing. Various meditation techniques will be taught throughout the course.
- The Art of Eating – Learn the basics of nutrition, how to choose healthful foods, best cooking methods, the dangers of processed foods, and an overview of our food systems.
- The Truth About Sleep – We will discuss the science behind the importance of sleep and how to get more of it.
- Get Fit for Life – We will discuss the importance of movement for health, various forms of exercise, and how to develop a routine that you can enjoy and maintain over the long term.
- Detox – Learn about the hidden toxins inside and outside your home, their impact on health, and how to minimize your exposure.
The course is taught by Dr. Susan Payrovi of Stanford Center for Integrative Medicine. She is board certified in Anesthesiology and Integrative Medicine, with additional training in Functional Medicine and acupuncture.
Registration required. Each weekly session will be billed to your insurance as a 15-minute office visit. Please arrive either 20 minutes early or stay over 20 minutes after each class to check-in individually with Dr. Payrovi.
The Stanford Supportive Care Program provides free classes, workshops, fitness classes, services, and support to all neuroscience patients regardless of where they receive their care.
Every Tuesday (ends February 28)
Stanford Center for Integrative Medicine
211 Quarry Road
2nd Floor, Suite 205
Palo Alto, CA 94304