- Obtain a referral, if required. Discuss this with your
primary care physician prior to scheduling an appointment with a
- Know the limitations of the referral and obtain
an extension or expansion of the scope of the referral if
- Provide the most recent insurance cards, picture ID and make
sure that we have the correct address for you.
Co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles
- Be prepared to make payment prior to service if your insurance
company requires a co-pay or out-of-pocket expense.
Your insurance coverage and benefits
- Understand your insurance benefits, limitations and
- Contact your insurance company prior to your
health visit so you are familiar with its requirements.
- Confirm Stanford Health Care is a contracted provider of
services for your plan
- Your insurance company may ask you
to provide more information. If so, please
respond quickly. Additional information is most frequently asked in
the follow types of cases:
- Emergency Room Visits - accident
- Worker's Compensation - accident details
- Pre-Existing Conditions