Guided Imagery is a gentle yet powerful technique that can deliver thoughts of positive healing and motivating messages through simple images, sensations, symbols, and metaphors which are developed in a personalized session.
If you are having anxiety about an upcoming procedure, Guided Imagery creates a calming reassurance to help you overcome and replace negative feelings with empowering, redirected, positive thoughts and images. Messages can be recalled when needed so whether your procedure or issue is immediate or at a later date, you can still enjoy the benefits of your session.
How Effective is Guided Imagery?
The effectiveness of Guided Imagery has been validated by research, demonstrating its positive impact on health, wellness, attitude, and healing.
- Less than 10 minutes of a Guided Imagery session can reduce stress, blood pressure, cholesterol, and hemoglobin A1C levels in the blood.
- It can heighten short-term immune cell activity, and it can speed up healing from fractures and burns.
- It has been shown to reduce blood loss during surgery, reduce opioid use after it, and many post-surgery patients leave the hospital sooner.Guided Imagery lowers anxiety and pain.
- It increases purposeful weight reduction and effectively helps the patient with smoking cessation.
- It has been proven invaluable during medical procedures like chemotherapy, radiotherapy, ventilator weaning, biopsy and dialysis.
No charge for these sessions.