Find the latest information on COVID-19, monkeypox, and the flu vaccine
New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
Geriatric Physical Therapy Residency Program
Starting September 2018
Improve your clinical skills, and develop advanced clinical reasoning and expertise
The Geriatric Physical Therapy Residency Program offers education and mentoring for post-graduate physical therapists in preparation for specialty practice in geriatrics. This comprehensive program develops leaders in geriatric physical therapy who advocate for aging adults across the continuum of function and promote successful aging.
The residency strives to incorporate a multispecialty approach in a dynamic academic medical center that focuses on evidence-based practice. Our core values of accountability, altruism, compassion/caring, excellence, integrity, professional duty and social responsibility match those identified in Professionalism in Physical Therapy.
The program will include the following:
- Classroom and lab instruction covering all aspects of geriatric physical therapy
- Ongoing clinical supervision, supportive learning and mentoring while treating patients
- Training in evidence-based guidelines and advanced clinical practice
- Focused skill building on examination, diagnosis, treatment and clinical reasoning in patient care
- Participation in Journal Clubs, Grand Rounds and Community Wellness Programs
- Preparation for the Geriatric Clinical Specialist examination