Digestive Health Center in Palo Alto (Endoscopy Suite)
Part of Digestive Health Center
Digestive Health Center – Endoscopy Suite in Palo Alto
We offer comprehensive gastrointestinal procedures for both inpatients and outpatients in our new facility on the ground floor of the main hospital building using state-of-the-art equipment.
Our reception area is equipped with television, public telephone, public computer, Wi-Fi access, and complimentary coffee and tea for your family and friends while they wait. There is also a patient status board so that your family and friends can follow your progress via a confidential patient tracking number.
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305
Advanced Endoscopy Diagnosis and Treatments
Stanford's highly skilled therapeutic endoscopists perform complex ERCP, EUS, colonoscopy and other procedures. Endoscopy services include:
- Advanced ERCP techniques including endoscopic cyst-gastrostomy, cholangioscopy, pancreatoscopy and sphincter of oddi manometry
- ERCP in complex and high risk patients, and those with previous failed cannulations
- Advanced EUS techniques including celiac plexus block and gold fiducial placement
- Confocal endomicroscopy using the only dual-axis confocal microscope on the West Coast
- Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR)
- Endoscopic suturing
- Radiofrequency ablation and cryoablation for Barrett’s esophagus
- Double balloon enteroscopy
- Advanced colonoscopy techniques and prototype colonoscopes, which may allow completion of previously incomplete colonoscopies
- Same-day CT colonography (virtual colonoscopy) in the event colonoscopy remains incomplete
A procedure to examine the inside of a person's body using an a flexible tube with a light and camera attached to it.
A procedure during which treatment is carried out via the endoscope. This is different from diagnostic endoscopy where the aim is only to visualize.
Clinical trials are research studies that evaluate a new medical approach, device, drug, or other treatment. As a Stanford Health Care patient, you may have access to the latest, advanced clinical trials.
Open trials refer to studies currently accepting participants. Closed trials are not currently enrolling, but may open in the future.
Please confirm the location of your appointment as our doctors and staff see patients at multiple locations.
PREPARE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
For endoscopic procedures:
- You will receive written preparation instructions from the clinic or your doctor.
- Please ensure that your referring doctor has obtained and faxed insurance authorization for your procedure to 650-723-8305.
Call us to make an appointment
For Referring Physicians
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Stanford Health Care provides comprehensive services to refer and track patients, as well as the latest information and news for physicians and office staff. For help with all referral needs and questions, visit Referring Physicians.
You may also submit a web referral or complete a referral form and fax it to 650-320-9443 or e-mail the Referral Center at ReferralCenter@stanfordhealthcare.org
HOW TO REFER
To refer a patient, please complete this digestive health referral form and fax it along with any supporting documentation to 650-320-9443. This will help us ensure your patients are directed to the correct subspecialty as quickly as possible.
- Send referrals online
- Place radiology orders
- View referral status
- Access medical records