New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
Positive Care Clinic
Experts in HIV and STI Care
Undiagnosed sexually transmitted infections (STIs) can lead to infertility, chronic pain, and other chronic diseases. Yet, there are limited health clinics available in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Stanford Positive Care Clinic offers a range of accessible, discrete, and professional adult medical care services. The clinic was created to provide adults living in the San Francisco Bay Area with access to HIV specialty care, HIV prevention services, as well as confidential STI testing, treatment, prevention, and education.
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Phone: 650-723-9001 Getting Here
Care and Treatment of HIV and STIs
Comprehensive Care and Treatment for HIV and STIs
We are committed to changing lives in positive ways. Our clinic offers appointments for evaluation and physical examination within 24 hours, organizes laboratory testing, and provides cost effective treatments for sexually transmitted infections and diseases. Other services include private STI testing and general sexual health and safety counseling for non-HIV positive patients. We are conveniently located in a private and professional setting in Atherton, ensuring confidentiality for patients.
Services offered at the Positive Care Clinic include:
Primary and HIV specialty care
- Comprehensive primary care services for persons with HIV infection
- Adult primary care services for spouses and partners of HIV-positive individuals
- Family planning and counseling for HIV-positive individuals
- Culturally competent primary care and psychiatric services for the LGBT community
- Adult psychiatric care and treatment
HIV and STI prevention services
- Rapid STI testing, results from which can be received in as little as 2-3 days when using a Stanford Lab on non-holidays.
- PEP (Post-Exposure Prophylaxis)
- PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis)
- Confidential screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Access to HIV relevant clinical trials
- Urine testing for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia
- Blood testing for Hepatitis A-B-C, Syphilis, HIV and Herpes if indicated
- Vaccinations against Hepatitis A-B and prescriptions for the HPV vaccine (if indicated)
The Stanford Positive Care and Sexual Health Clinic recommends following precautionary measures to avoid contracting an STI, including:
- Have regular checkups and testing for HIV and other STIs
- Learn about sexual health and preventative care
Clinical trials are research studies that evaluate a new medical approach, device, drug, or other treatment. As a Stanford Health Care patient, you may have access to the latest, advanced clinical trials.
Open trials refer to studies currently accepting participants. Closed trials are not currently enrolling, but may open in the future.
Stanford Health Care is known worldwide for the advanced patient care provided by its doctors and staff. We also provide a wide range of guest services and amenities to our patients and visitors. Learn more about preparing for a hospital stay, billing and financial services, and our other support programs in Patients & Visitors.
The Positive Care & Sexual Health Clinic is conveniently located in a private and professional setting in Atherton, ensuring confidentiality for patients.
Call us to make an appointment
For Health Care Professionals
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Stanford Health Care provides comprehensive services to refer and track patients, as well as the latest information and news for physicians and office staff. For help with all referral needs and questions, visit Referring Physicians.
You may also submit a web referral or complete a referral form and fax it to 650-320-9443 or email the Referral Center at ReferralCenter@stanfordhealthcare.org.
HOW TO REFER
- Send referrals online
- Place radiology orders
- View referral status
- Access medical records