The Benefits of South Asian-Focused Care
South Asians have the highest rate of hospitalization in California for coronary artery disease, four times higher than any other ethnic population. South Asians develop coronary artery disease up to 10 years earlier than the general population, on average.
To help South Asians better understand their risk for heart disease, the Stanford South Asian Translational Heart Initiative (SSATHI) offers health assessments and treatment strategies among other clinical services.
During your initial appointment, you will meet with one of our SSATHI general cardiologists. Your cardiologist will then refer you to any specialists you may need after the evaluation.
At our clinic you will receive:
- A clinical and genetic evaluation of your cardiovascular health and identification of any risk factors
- A tailored treatment plan that works with your needs and lifestyle
- Nutritional guidance from a dietician trained in South Asian cuisine
- Advanced cardiac and vascular imaging services, as necessary
- A coordinated team approach to your care, with strong ties to Stanford interventional cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, and other specialists
SSATHI seeks to empower you, your family, and the South Asian community to learn more about any cardiovascular risk factors and to help educate future generations.