- Check your temperature if you have chills or don’t feel well.
- Call the office if you have a fever of 100.5 F or higher
- Take as needed for fever, body aches or headaches.
Colace (brand) or Docusate or DSS (generic)
- Start taking this twice daily on your first day of chemotherapy.
- This is a stool softener, not a laxative. Take 100mg or 250mg capsules.
- Call the office if you have not had a bowel movement in 3 days.
- Start taking this once daily if your stool is hard after 2 days of taking Colace.
Senokot (brand) or Senna (generic)
- This is a mild laxative. Take when you are constipated or as directed. Start with 2 tablets a day, increase as directed on package or as recommended by doctor or nurse.
- Call the doctor’s office if you do not have a bowel movement in 3 days.
Maalox, TUMS, or Pepcid AC
- Take as needed for heartburn. Use as directed on package.
Published April 2018
Stanford Health Care © 2018