Your doctor has prescribed the chemotherapy pill lomustine for you. A prescription will be sent to Avella specialty pharmacy for the chemotherapy and for the anti-nausea medication Zofran (odansetron).
The pharmacy will contact you to set up delivery of the medication once they have obtained insurance authorization. You can contact them at 1-888-792-3888 for any questions or concerns.
How to take medication:
- Eat a light dinner on the evening you will take chemotherapy.
- 1 hour prior to bed, take 8 mg of Zofran.
- At bedtime, take lomustine, as prescribed.
- You will take this medication again in 6 weeks.
- We will contact the lab of your choice to order your blood work. It is necessary to have your blood drawn each week, so we may monitor your blood counts which could decline while you’re on chemotherapy. This could increase your risk of anemia, infection, or bleeding. We will contact you about precautions to take should this happen. We may need to delay your next cycle of chemotherapy if your blood counts have not returned to a safe level prior to your next scheduled treatment.
Make sure you contact us about your blood test results before taking your next cycle of lomustine.
Please contact us for any questions or concerns at 650-736-7440