This recipe adds a boost of protein and flavor to scrambled eggs with fresh herbed cream cheese. Scrambled eggs are more comfortable to chew, and the cream cheese adds moisture to aid in swallowing.
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 6 green onions, chopped (if tolerated)
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- Shredded cheese, for serving (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese and herbs and mash with a fork until fully mixed.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the whisked eggs and let them set a bit.
3. With a spatula, fold the eggs over, let them set a bit and continue folding until they are cooked to your liking. Remove the pan from the heat, add 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture to the skillet, count to ten and stir, working the cream cheese into the eggs.
4. Serve warm and enjoy!
This video is intended for use by staff of Stanford Health Care. No representatives or warranties are made for outside use. Not for reproduction or publication without permission.
Published August 2018
Stanford Health Care © 2018