This recipe for Overnight Oats is the perfect meal to take on the go. Plus, it is a nutritious source of protein and calories.
- ¾ cup unsweetened plain soy milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon natural creamy peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 6 slices banana, for serving
1. In a mason jar or small bowl, add almond milk, chia seeds, peanut butter, and honey (or other sweetener) and stir to combine ingredients. The peanut butter does not need to be fully mixed with the milk. Add the oats and stir until combined, then press down with a spoon to make sure all the oats have been soaked in the milk.
2. Cover the mason jar or bowl with a lid or plastic wrap, and let it set in the refrigerator overnight, at least 6 hours.
3. Serve with blueberries or other fruit, you can tolerate.
Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Although, they are best within the first 12-24 hours.
This video is intended for use by staff of Stanford Health Care. No representatives or warranties are made for outside use. Not for reproduction or publication without permission.
Published August 2018
Stanford Health Care © 2018