This video will demonstrate the steps for making a Sweet Potato Polenta. A nutrient-rich food that can be used in a variety of dishes.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dry polenta
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
You can also find premade polenta in most grocery stores.
- 1/2-pound sweet potatoes
- 1-ounce goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- salt to taste
1. Polenta: In a medium pot, bring the vegetable broth and water to a boil. Add the polenta, whisking until the mixture begins to thicken. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Finish by stirring in 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
2. If using pre-made polenta, follow instructions on package. When finished, stir in 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
3. Meanwhile, the polenta is cooking, peel and cube the sweet potatoes. In a pot of boiling water, add the potatoes and cook about 15 minutes or until soft. Drain and mash the potatoes. Add goat cheese and whole milk. Using a fork, potato masher, or electric mixer mash the ingredients until combined.
4. Add the cooked polenta to the potatoes and combine.
5. Cook eggs based on your preference (scramble, fry, or poach).
6. Divide the polenta into 2 bowls and top each with the egg.
To increase the calories in this dish, add a drizzle of olive oil, sesame oil, or extra cheese as a garnish.
This video is intended for use by staff of Stanford Health Care. No representatives or warranties are made for outside use. Not for reproduction or publication without permission.
Published August 2018
Stanford Health Care © 2018