Find the latest information on COVID-19, monkeypox, and the flu vaccine
New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
Stanford Health Care – Now
Colonoscopies Save Lives
Colon Cancer is the second leading cause of cancer-related death in the U.S. and is one of the most preventable of all cancers. During a colonoscopy, we look for polyps. If we find a polyp, we can remove it before it becomes cancerous. If it has turned cancerous, a colonoscopy allows us to find it and determine the best course of treatment.
Experts recommend all adults should have colon cancer screening beginning at age 50, those with a family history of colon cancer should start screening earlier.
We offer the following for colonoscopy screenings:
- Nationally recognized expertise by clinicians who specialize in identifying and treating precancerous polyps and colon cancer.
- Preventive screening and thorough evaluations that keep your comfort and convenience in mind, with the ability to schedule an appointment quickly.
- Ongoing research to advance and deliver new colorectal cancer screening and treatment standards. We not only deliver care for you, we develop it, and have the expertise to treat all types of colorectal conditions.
- Team-based approach that brings together experts from endoscopy, surgery, and gastroenterology to provide informed, thorough care from the start.
- Commitment to excellence in screening colonoscopy, colonoscopy to follow up other abnormal screening tests (like stool tests), and surveillance colonoscopy if you have had polyps removed previously.
- High quality colonoscopy program to ensure that you receive the best care.
- Advanced treatment options, should you need it, including medication, nutrition counseling, minimally invasive procedures, and surgery to provide expert care for any medical need.
- Comprehensive support services to help you and your family focus on health and healing.
CARE AT STANFORD
Our digestive health specialists help shape treatment for disorders such as GERD, IBD, and Crohn’s. They provide you with a full range of innovative care.