Gastroparesis Registry 2
Trial ID or NCT#
To expand a registry of patients for the study of the epidemiology, etiology, and degree of morbidity associated with gastroparesis.
GpR 2: Continuation of the NIDDK Gastroparesis Registry for the Characterization and Clinical Course of Gastroparesis Patients
- - Symptoms of gastroparesis of at least 12 weeks duration (do not have to be contiguous) with varying degrees of nausea, vomiting, early satiety, post-prandial fullness, and/or abdominal pain
- - An etiology of either diabetic, idiopathic, or post-Nissen fundoplication gastroparesis
- - Gastric emptying scintigraphy of solids and liquids test using 4 hours Egg Beaters® protocol within the last 6 months with either:
- - Abnormal gastric emptying rate defined as an abnormal 2 hour (>60% retention) and/or 4 hour (>10% retention) result based on a 4-hour scintigraphic low fat Egg Beaters® gastric emptying study performed at a GpCRC clinical center.
- - Patients with a normal gastric emptying rate but with symptoms of gastroparesis may be enrolled and classified as possible gastroparesis or gastroparesis-like with normal gastric emptying
- - Age at least 18 years at initial screening visit
- - Upper endoscopy results within last 2 years
- - Inability to comply with or complete the gastric emptying scintigraphy test (including allergy to eggs)
- - Presence of other conditions that could explain the patient's symptoms:
- - Pyloric or intestinal obstruction as determined by endoscopy, upper GI series or abdominal CT scan
- - Active inflammatory bowel disease
- - Known eosinophilic gastroenteritis
- - Primary neurological conditions that could cause nausea and/or vomiting such as increased intracranial pressure, space occupying or inflammatory/infectious lesions
- - Acute liver failure
- - Advanced liver disease (Child's B or C; a Child-Pugh-Turcotte (CPT) score of ≥7 )
- - Acute renal failure
- - Chronic renal failure (serum creatinine >3 mg/dL) and/or on hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis
- - Total or subtotal (near complete) gastric resection, esophagogastrostomy, gastrojejunostomy, or gastric bypass. Note: patients with prior fundoplication will be eligible for enrollment.
- - Any other plausible structural or metabolic cause
- - Any other condition, which in the opinion of the investigator would interfere with study requirements
- - Inability to obtain informed consent
Contact us to find out if this trial is right for you.
Linda Nguyen, MD
About this Clinical Trial
Your Message Will Go ToLinda Nguyen, MD
To:Linda Nguyen, MD
Go Back To The Trial