JAK Inhibition to Prevent Ventilator-induced Diaphragm Dysfunction
Trial ID or NCT#
We intend, with this study, to prove that blocking the molecular mechanisms whose blockade prevents VIDD in animals, will indeed prevent the development of VIDD in humans as well. We believe that this evidence will serve as the required basis for proceeding with large, ICU-based clinical trial(s) of a drug to prevent VIDD.
A Clinical Trial of JAK Inhibition to Prevent Ventilator-induced Diaphragm Dysfunction
- - Patients undergoing esophagectomy
- - Patients with more than mild pulmonary dysfunction
- - Patients with any neuromuscular disease that might compromise diaphragm function
- - Patients with abnormal liver or kidney function
- - Patients taking any immunosuppressant medication (including prednisone) or antifungal medications
- - History of tuberculosis
- - Weight loss of >5% of body weight over previous 6 months
- - Pregnancy
Contact us to find out if this trial is right for you.
About this Clinical Trial
Your Message Will Go ToStudy Team
Go Back To The Trial