Tenofovir Alafenamide Versus Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate for Treatment of Hepatitis B e Antigen-Negative Hepatitis B
Trial ID or NCT#
The primary objective of this study is to compare the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of tenofovir alafenamide (TAF) versus tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) in treatment-naive and treatment-experienced adults with hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg)-negative chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Tenofovir Alafenamide (TAF) 25 mg QD Versus Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (TDF) 300 mg QD for the Treatment of HBeAg-Negative, Chronic Hepatitis B
- - Ability to understand and sign a written informed consent form, which must be obtained prior to initiation of study procedures
- - Adult males and non-pregnant, non-lactating females
- - Documented evidence of chronic HBV infection
- - Hepatitis e antigen (HBeAg)-negative, chronic hepatitis B with all of the following:
- - HBeAg-negative and hepatitis B e antibody (HBeAb) positive at screening
- - Screening HBV DNA ≥ 2 x 10^4 IU/mL
- - Screening serum alanine aminotransferase (ALT) level > 60 U/L (males) or > 38 U/L (females) and ≤ 10 x the upper limit of the normal range (ULN)
- - Treatment-naive participants (defined as < 12 weeks of oral antiviral treatment with any nucleoside or nucleotide analogue), OR treatment-experienced participants (defined as participants meeting all entry criteria [including HBV DNA and serum ALT criteria] and with ≥ 12 weeks of previous treatment with any nucleoside or nucleotide analogue)
- - Previous treatment with interferon (pegylated or non pegylated) must have ended at least 6 months prior to the baseline visit.
- - Adequate renal function
- - Normal ECG
- - Females who are breastfeeding
- - Males and females of reproductive potential who are unwilling to use an "effective", protocol-specified method(s) of contraception during the study
- - Co-infection with hepatitis C virus, HIV, or hepatitis D virus
- - Evidence of hepatocellular carcinoma
- - Any history of, or current evidence of, clinical hepatic decompensation
- - Abnormal hematological and biochemical parameters, including aspartate aminotransferase (AST) > 10 x ULN
- - Received solid organ or bone marrow transplant
- - History of malignancy within the past 5 years, with the exception of specific cancers that are cured by surgical resection; individuals under evaluation for possible malignancy are not eligible
- - Currently receiving therapy with immunomodulators (eg, corticosteroids), investigational agents, nephrotoxic agents, or agents capable of modifying renal excretion
- - Individuals receiving ongoing therapy with drugs not to be used with tenofovir alafenamide or tenofovir disoproxil fumarate or individuals with a known hypersensitivity to study drugs, metabolites, or formulation excipients
- - Current alcohol or substance abuse judged by the investigator to potentially interfere with participant compliance
- - Any other clinical condition or prior therapy that, in the opinion of the Investigator, would make the participant unsuitable for the study or unable to comply with dosing requirements
- Note: Other protocol defined Inclusion/Exclusion criteria may apply.
Contact us to find out if this trial is right for you.
About this Clinical Trial
Your Message Will Go ToSPECTRUM
Go Back To The Trial