Exploring the Efficacy and Safety of Siponimod in Patients With Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (EXPAND)
Trial ID or NCT#
Evaluate the safety and efficacy of Siponimod (BAF312) versus placebo in a variable treatment duration in patients with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (Core Part) followed by extended treatment with open-label BAF312 to obtain data on long-term safety, tolerabiilty and efficacy (Extension Part).
A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-blind, Parallel-group, Placebo-controlled Variable Treatment Duration Study Evaluating the Efficacy and Safety of Siponimod (BAF312) in Patients With Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis Followed by Extended Treatment With Open-label BAF312.
- - Prior history of relapsing remitting MS
- - SPMS defined as progressive increase of disability over at least 6 months
- - EDSS score of 3.0 to 6.5
- - No relapse of corticosteroid treatment within 3 months
- - Women of child bearing potential must use reliable forms of contraception.
- - Diagnosis of Macular edema during screening period
- - Any medically unstable condition determined by investigator.
- - Unable to undergo MRI scans
- - Hypersensitivity to any study drugs or drugs of similar class Other protocol defined inclusion/exclusion may apply.
Contact us to find out if this trial is right for you.
About this Clinical Trial
Your Message Will Go ToAngela Campbell
Go Back To The Trial