Volunteer Services - College Summer Program
NOTE: Our program is currently full. We are no longer accepting applications and do not have a waiting list.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Stanford Health Care!
Students must be 18 years old, high school graduates, and available for 12 weeks (between June – August). Students are required to volunteer for 2 shifts on a weekly basis (shifts are 3-4 hours long). All requirements must be completed prior to the first day of volunteering.
Volunteers serve in four ways:
- Assisting staff in patient care areas
- Providing information and service to patients and families
- Assisting in an clerical or office environment
- Providing Community Support (for example, work and assist aging adults)
The minimum is 2 shifts per week (3-4 hours per shift) for 3 months.
Volunteering with Children
Please contact the Volunteer Services Department at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital by calling 650-497-8696, or visit www.stanfordchildrens.org/en/volunteer.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Volunteer requirements will include the following:
- In-person interview
- Criminal background check
- On-line training modules
- Health screening (TB test / vaccines)
Twelve weeks between June and August.
Stanford Children's Hospital (Stanford Children's Health)
725 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Must be at least 18 and a high school graduate.