Cancer Navigation Services
Stanford Cancer Navigation Services, a program within Guest Services, provides patients, their families and caregivers with highly personal services and a strong support network. Whether your needs are directions or simply a newspaper to read while you wait, we will do everything to ensure that you have the best experience possible! Please feel free to explore Cancer Navigation Services and other supporting programs through the links below.
For more information on Stanford Cancer Navigation Services, please call the Welcome Desk at 650-723-4268.
Volunteering is a rich, rewarding opportunity and we are always looking to expand our group of talented navigators. Volunteer Navigators are the heart of Stanford Cancer Navigation Services, serving as ambassadors for the Stanford Cancer Center. They work directly with patients to provide them with the highest quality hospitality and service.
The responsibilities of a volunteer navigator are to:
- Assist patients, families, and caregivers with questions and direct them to the proper resources.
- Guide and escort patients to appointments or the main hospital.
- Visit with patients and provide hospitality in the Clinics, the Infusion Treatment Area, and Radiation Treatment.
- Help at the Welcome Desk on occasion to answer phones and distribute materials.
- Interact with staff to determine patient needs.
- Share information with patients and families about the free classes and the support groups offered through our Cancer Supportive Care Program.
For more information on volunteering at the Stanford Health Care Cancer Center, please visit the Volunteer Resources website.
Patient Treatment Organizer
The Patient Treatment Organizer helps newly diagnosed cancer patients manage the information they receive during their treatment. By using the organizer regularly and bringing it to appointments, you can keep track of any questions you have, information from your physicians, and a log of any other notes that you find helpful.
The Organizer is broken down into sections:
- Treatment: Schedule for treatments, a list for your medications, and commonly used medical terms and their definitions.
- Calendar: Easy system for keeping track of appointments and treatment schedules.
- Journal: Pages to log questions for your medical team or keep personal accounts.
- Records: Space for materials given to you about diagnosis and treatment.
- Resources: List of terms, Cancer Supportive Care Program calendar, Helen Salzman Boutique, Guest Services Handbook, and a business card holder.
The Organizer is available in English, Spanish, Russian and Chinese (Mandarin). If you require any additional information, such as maps of the hospital, campus, roads, or the schedule for the free Stanford University Marguerite Shuttle, please ask us for copies at the Welcome Desk and we will be happy to provide them for you.
You may request your copy of the Organizer at the Welcome Desk in the Cancer Center.
I feel positive and relaxed, because there will always be support waiting for me.