The Stanford Nurse Alumnae Legacy Grants are intended to perpetuate the SUSN's tradition of excellence in nursing practice, leadership, education and research. The Stanford Nurse Alumnae Legacy Grant Funds are a living expression of an enduring commitment to academic nursing practice at Stanford. The aims of the project are to:
- Build on the foundation of academic nursing established by the Stanford University School of Nursing.
- Enhance nurses' professional development through sponsoring research and practice improvement projects.
- Promote nursing's active role and influence in improving health care delivery and advancing patient outcomes.
The Legacy Funds provides grant support up to $10,000 to advance innovative research and demonstration projects that improve health care outcomes, the patient experience, and health system efficiency. Examples of fundable projects include:
- Development and evaluation of a patient education project
- Measurement of a novel intervention’s impact on clinical care
- Assessment of a practice change or new technique that improves patient outcomes
- Implementation of guideline-based care for patients discharged on specialized therapies
Projects aligned with your institution’s strategic plan are highly encouraged.