The Stanford Nurse Alumnae Legacy Grants are intended to perpetuate the Stanford University School of Nursing''s tradition of excellence in nursing practice, leadership, education and research. The Stanford Nurse Alumnae Legacy Grant Funds are a living expression of an enduring commitment to academic nursing practice at Stanford. The aims of the project are to:
- Build on the foundation of academic nursing established by the Stanford University School of Nursing.
- Enhance nurses' professional development through sponsoring research and practice improvement projects.
- Promote nursing's active role and influence in improving health care delivery and advancing patient outcomes.
The Legacy Funds provides grant support up to $10,000 to advance innovative research and demonstration projects that improve health care outcomes, the patient experience, and health system efficiency. Examples of fundable projects include:
- Development and evaluation of a patient education project
- Measurement of a novel intervention’s impact on clinical care
- Assessment of a practice change or new technique that improves patient outcomes
- Implementation of guideline-based care for patients discharged on specialized therapies
Projects aligned with your institution’s strategic plan are highly encouraged.