Find the latest information on COVID-19, monkeypox, and the flu vaccine
New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
Per Serving: 403 calories, 11g fat, 45g carbs, 31g protein, 12.5g fiber
NOTE: This recipe is OK for those on the LMD (Low Microbial Diet), as long as all vegetables are well cooked, and salsa in the jar is used. Lactaid milk or soy milk can be substituted along with lactose free cheese or soy cheese for those on a No Dairy restriction.
6 egg whites
5 Tbsps skim milk
Salt & pepper to taste
1 small red onion, diced salsa for garnish
⅔ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
4 cups fresh spinach, rinsed, chopped and drained
1 small red pepper, diced
2 tsp olive oil
2 10-12 inch, whole grain tortillas
1 small green pepper, diced
3 oz (about 4 slices) pepper jack cheese (or soy cheese)
- Rinse black beans well & drain thoroughly. (Rinsing away the liquid around canned beans will reduce the amount of gas you may experience from eating beans.)
- For easiest preparation, chop and dice all vegetables prior to beginning to cook.
- Whip together egg whites, skim milk and salt & pepper and set this aside.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick skillet and saute onions over medium heat for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add peppers and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- In a separate, small non-stick pan, saute spinach in a dash of olive oil until leaves just wilt. Spinach should remain bright green. Carefully drain liquid from spinach and set spinach aside.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 5-10 seconds, until warm.
- Add egg/milk mixture to onions and peppers. Cook until eggs are at desired firmness.
- Split egg mixture in half and place half on each tortilla shell. Add spinach, black beans, and cheese (or soy cheese) to each shell. Roll and fold both ends. Garnish each burrito with salsa.
Recipe from: Cancer Nutrition Information.com