Per Serving: Each muffin contains 175 calories, 7g fat, 3g protein, 26g carbs, low fiber
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease muffin tins. In a large bowl, mix egg, oil and milk. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Spoon into egg mixture and stir together gently to just mix the ingredients. Mixture will look lumpy.
- Stir in chopped apples. Spoon into muffin tins, filling half full.
- To prepare topping, combine brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle on muffin topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
Recipe from: The Cancer Survival Cookbook, D Weihofen MS, RD & C Marino MD, MPH