Per Serving: Each muffin has 100 calories, 1g fat, 21g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein
*Whole wheat flour can be substituted for half or all white flour—increase the fluid to 2 cups.
**Low fat or fat-free milk can also be used in place of buttermilk.
OPTIONAL: add walnuts!
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and bran. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the egg mixture all at once. Stir with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Fold the mashed bananas (be careful not to overmix). Fill the tins two-thirds full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. The muffins are done when a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out dry.
Recipe from: FoodFit