Notice: Users may be experiencing issues with displaying some pages on stanfordhealthcare.org. We are working closely with our technical teams to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
We are available to assist you 24/7.
New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
Banana Bran Muffins
Per Serving: Each muffin has 100 calories, 1g fat, 21g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein
2 ½ cups flour*
1 ½ tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
1 ½ cups bran
¾ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups buttermilk**
1 cup mashed, ripe bananas
*Whole wheat flour can be substituted for half or all white flour—increase the fluid to 2 cups.
**Low fat or fat-free milk can also be used in place of buttermilk.
OPTIONAL: add walnuts!
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and bran. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the egg mixture all at once. Stir with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Fold the mashed bananas (be careful not to overmix). Fill the tins two-thirds full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. The muffins are done when a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out dry.
Recipe from: FoodFit