Per Serving: 268 calories, 6g fat, 48g carbs, 6g protein,3g fiber, 230mg sodium, 36mg chol
NOTE: This recipe is OK for those on the LMD (Low Microbial Diet).
- In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, cinnamon stick and cloves. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick and cloves with a slotted spoon. Set the syrup aside and keep warm.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the oats and water. Microwave on high until the oats are creamy and tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and canola oil. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon. Whisk to blend.
- Add the milk, yogurt and banana to the oats and stir until well blended. Beat in the egg. Add the flour mixture to the oat mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Place a nonstick frying pan or griddle over medium heat. When a drop of water sizzles as it hits the pan, spoon ¼ cup pancake batter into the pan. Cook until the top surface of the pancake is covered with bubbles and the edges are lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook until the bottom is well browned and the pancake is cooked through, 1-2 minutes longer. Repeat with the remaining pancake batter.
- Place the pancakes on warmed individual plates. Drizzle with the warm syrup and serve immediately.
Recipe from: www.mayoclinic.com: Healthy Recipes