Notice: Users may be experiencing issues with displaying some pages on stanfordhealthcare.org. We are working closely with our technical teams to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
We are available to assist you 24/7.
New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
3 skinless chicken breast halves, bone intact
1 large onion, sliced lengthwise
2 cups chicken broth
1 4 ½ oz can diced green chilies
1 Tbsp lime juice
¼ tsp garlic salt
1 cup green tomatoes or tomatillos, chopped into 1 inch pieces
6 cups water
2 Tbsp cilantro
4 corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch strips
1 15 ounce can corn, drained
1 Tbsp fajita seasoning
2 15 ounce cans Great Northern beans (or other white bean)
- Bring chicken, water, onion and cilantro to a boil in a large stockpot. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Remove chicken and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil, stir in tortillas and turn off heat.
- Pull chicken off the bone and cut into bite-sized pieces. Return to stockpot.
- Add chiles, corn, beans, tomatoes, fajita seasoning and garlic salt.
- Add tortilla/broth mixture to stockpot and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add lime juice to chili and serve. Great with tortilla chips.
Recipe from: The American Cancer Society Cookbook, Celebrate! Healthy Entertaining for Any Occasion