Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Per Serving: 433 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated), 38g carbs, 3g fiber, 29g protein, 373mg sodium
For the turkey salad:
2 turkey cutlets, about 6-8 oz each
Pinch of salt
10 black peppercorns
Juice of 1 lemon
2 sprigs fresh thyme
½ cup dry white wine (i.e. Sauvignon Blanc)
½ cup non-fat mayonnaise
¼ cup finely diced celery
¼ cup finely diced, sweet onion
¼ cup dried cranberries
Salt & pepper to taste
For the sandwiches:
4 small loaves focaccia bread, sliced in half
4 lettuce leaves, green leaf, bibb or romaine, shredded
Directions for the turkey salad:
- In a large saucepan combine the wine, salt, peppercorns, lemon juice and thyme. Add the turkey cutlets and enough water to cover them. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the turkey cook in the liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, onion and cranberries.
- When the turkey is cool enough to handle, remove it from the liquid. (Discard the liquid.) Cut the turkey into small pieces, let cool some more and add it to the mayonnaise mixture and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until mixture is ready to serve.
Directions for sandwiches:
- Lay the focaccia slices out on a work surface and divide the turkey mixture among the sandwiches, spreading it out in the center of each half. Divide the shredded lettuce among the sandwiches and place the top half of the focaccia on each sandwich.
- Cut the sandwiches in half on the diagonal and serve.
Recipe from: www.foodfit.com