Notice: Users may be experiencing issues with displaying some pages on stanfordhealthcare.org. We are working closely with our technical teams to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
We are available to assist you 24/7.
New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
Fudge Brownie Sundaes
Per Serving: 240 calories, 2g fat, 4g protein, 55g carbs, 1mg chol, 183mg sodium
⅔ cup water
1 20 ½-ounce package light fudge brownie mix
1 cup chocolate-flavored syrup
Maraschino cherries, drained (optional)
2 pints low fat vanilla ice cream or frozen treat of choice (for lactose-free diet, choose lactose-free ice cream or lactose-free frozen yogurt)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with vegetable oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine brownie mix and water. Stir with a spoon just until moistened, or mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes, or baking instruction on package. Cool in pan on a wire rack for about 30 minutes, or serve warm.
- Cut brownies into 15 pieces.
- Place 1 brownie in each bowl.
- Place about ¼ cup frozen dessert on top of brownie.
- Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup.
- Garnish with a cherry, if desired.
Recipe from: American Heart Association Quick & Easy Cookbook