Per Cookie: 60 calories, 2g fat, 1g protein, 10g carbs, 36mg sodium
NOTE: This recipe is OK for those on the LMD (Low Microbial Diet).
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Spray large cookie sheet with canola spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix next 7 ingredients (flour thru salt) and set aside.
- Using electric mixer or food processor, combine eggs with oil and apple butter for 10 seconds. Add sugar and blend for 30 or more seconds. Add half of dry mixture and process until smooth. Add remaining dry mixture and process until a soft and sticky dough forms.
- Transfer dough to large bowl; fold in dried fruit. Divide dough in half and place on either end of cookie sheet. With damp hands, form each piece of dough into a log 3 inches wide and about ¾ inch high.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Logs will spread during baking. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.
- With serrated knife, slice each log into ½ inch cookies, cutting on diagonal.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Turn each cookie over and bake 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Store at room temperature.
Recipe from: American Institute for Cancer Research Newsletter, Winter 2004