Per Apple: 212 calories, 5g fat, 45g carbs, 1g protein, 6g fiber
NOTE: This recipe is OK for those on the LMD (Low Microbial Diet).
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, mix the raisins, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Wash and core the apples using an apple corer or a small knife.
- In a baking dish, arrange the apples with the tops up. Fill each apple with ¼ of the raisin mixture.
- Pour water into the baking dish to the depth of ½ inch.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Baste the apples once or twice with the cooking liquid. The apples are done when they still hold their shape and yield to a knife when pierced. Serve the apples when they are cooled slightly.
- To warm in the microwave: Place the apple in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on low for 1 minute at a time, until warm.
Recipe from: www.foodfit.com