Total Prep and Cook Time: Approximately 45 minutes
Serves: 6 (2 rolls each)
Per Serving: 354 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated), 46g carbs, 21g protein, 8g fiber, 11mg chol, 374mg sodium.
NOTE: This recipe is OK for those on the LMD (Low Microbial Diet). Lactose free cheeses can be substituted for those on a No Dairy restriction
To make ahead, freeze the cooked rolls and sauce for up to 1 month.
* Lactose-free cheeses can be substituted for those on a No Dairy restriction.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse, return to the pot and cover with cold water until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring till fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add tofu and spinach and cook, stirring often, until the spinach wilts and the mixture is heating through, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; stir in Parmesan, olives, crushed red pepper, salt and ⅔ cup marinara sauce.
- Wipe out the pan and spread 1 cup of the remaining marinara sauce in the bottom. To make lasagna rolls, place a noodle on a work surface and spread ¼ cup of the tofu filling along it. Roll up and place the roll, seam-side down, in the pan. Repeat with the remaining noodles and filling. (The tofu rolls will be tightly packed in the pan.) Spoon the remaining marinara sauce over the rolls.
- Place the pan over high heat, cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium; let simmer for 3 minutes. Sprinkle the rolls with mozzarella and cook, covered, until the cheese is melted and the rolls are heating through, 1-2 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe from: EatingWell.com