Notice: Users may be experiencing issues with displaying some pages on stanfordhealthcare.org. We are working closely with our technical teams to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
We are available to assist you 24/7.
New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
Orange Bran Flax Muffins
Per Serving: 275 calories, 11.5g fat (1.4g saturated fat), 44.5g carbs, 6g protein, 5.7g fiber, 24mg chol
NOTE: This recipe is OK for those on the LMD (Low Microbial Diet).
1 ½ cups oat bran
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup flaxseed (measure before grinding)
1 cup natural bran
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 ½ raisins (white or milk chocolate chips can be substituted for chocolate lovers)
2 oranges (washed, quartered, seeded)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup canola oil
1 tsp baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine oat bran, flour, flaxseed, bran, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine oranges, brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, eggs and baking soda.
- Blend well.
- Pour orange mixture into dry ingredients. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in raisins (or chocolate chips)
- Fill paper lined muffin tins almost to the top.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.