Serves: 8 (½ cup each)
Per Serving: 147 calories, 0g fat, 38g carbs, 4g fiber, 0g protein
NOTE: This recipe is NOT ok for those on the LMD (Low Microbial Diet).
- Place a container (preferably a metal bowl) in the freezer to chill.
- Make a syrup by combining the water, sugar and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, puree the berries and strain out the seeds with a fine mesh strainer. Use a rubber spatula to push through as much puree as you can. You should have about 2 cups of raspberry puree.
- Whisk the strained puree and lemon juice together in another bowl.
- Let the syrup cool slightly, then remove the cinnamon stick and whick half of the syrup into the fruit puree and taste. Slowly add mor syrup, tasting frequently. The mixture should taste distrinctively tart and sweet; you might not want to use all the syrup.
- Chill overnight or freeze right away in an ice-cream maker, then transfer to the frozen container and keep frozen until ready to serve.
Recipe from: FoodFit; by Gale Gand, Chicago, IL