Notice: Users may be experiencing issues with displaying some pages on stanfordhealthcare.org. We are working closely with our technical teams to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Find the latest information on COVID-19, monkeypox, and the flu vaccine
We are available to assist you 24/7.
New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
Skewered Shrimp, Chicken and Pineapple with Honey Orange Dipping Sauce
Per Serving: 200 calories, 2 g fat
2 cups pineapple chunks
2 Tbsp pineapple juice
12 large shrimp, cleaned de-veined, tails on
½ tsp garlic salt
Wooden skewers, soaked in water
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
2 tsp cornstarch
¼ tsp lemon juice
1 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp honey
Dash of pepper
- Thread shrimp, chicken and pineapple on water-soaked wooden skewers, alternating the shrimp and chicken with the pineapple chunks. Place in a shallow dish and sprinkle with pineapple juice. Heat grill to medium.
- Place skewers on grill surface and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side until shrimp turn pink and chicken is completely cooked through. Remove from grill to a serving platter.
- Dissolve cornstarch in lemon juice. In a small saucepan, stir together orange juice, honey and pepper.
- Bring to boil and stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Serve skewers with dipping sauce.
Recipe from: Celebrate! Healthy Entertaining for any Occasion, The American Cancer Society