Notice: Users may be experiencing issues with displaying some pages on stanfordhealthcare.org. We are working closely with our technical teams to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
We are available to assist you 24/7.
New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
Spring Vegetable Frittata
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Per Serving (1 slice): 169 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated), 7g carbs, 13g protein, 1g fiber, 165mg sodium
NOTE: This recipe is OK for those on the LMD (Low Microbial Diet).
5 large eggs and 5 egg whites
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped, fresh parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup cooked and peeled red potatoes, cut into ½-inch pieces
¾ cup chopped onions
Freshly ground pepper
Salt to taste
½ cup fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces on the diagonal
- Whisk the eggs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper together until thoroughly combined.
- In an 8-10 inch oven proof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and asparagus and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and turn the heat to low.
- Add the egg mixture (do not stir) and cook over low heat until the eggs are set, about 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
- Place the skillet under the broiler for 30-45 seconds to finish cooking the top.
Recipe from: www.foodfit.com