Try this simple recipe for a high-calorie, easy-to-digest sweet potato dish. You can eat as much as you like and refrigerate any unused portion for later. Leftovers can be eaten cold or warm, whichever you prefer.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10-15 min
Per Serving: 500 Calories, 3.5g Fat, 12mg Cholesterol, 108g Carbohydrates, 9g Protein, 6.2g Fiber*, 62mg Sodium, 1,255 mg Potassium**
*This recipe is high in fiber, but because the fiber is cooked, it is easier to digest. This sweet potato dish should not irritate your stomach or upset your digestive system.
**If you are on a potassium-restricted diet, this recipe may not be right for you. Ask your doctor or dietitian if you are unsure of your dietary potassium limits.
***For tofu, try a brand that does not need to be refrigerated until opened. You can find these brands on the shelf, in the non-refrigerated health food or ethnic food section of your grocery store. Refrigerate any leftover portion of tofu.
- Peel and then cut sweet potato into ½-inch pieces.
- Steam sweet potato pieces for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, until soft.
- Carefully remove steamed sweet potato pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add apricot nectar, tofu, and maple syrup or honey to sweet potatoes.
- Blend ingredients together until they are well mixed and have an even, smooth consistency.
- Serve warm.
Recipe from: www.Caring4Cancer.com