Find the latest information on COVID-19, monkeypox, and the flu vaccine
New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
Turkey Reuben Grilled Sandwiches
Arthur Reuben is credited with creating the first Reuben sandwich in 1914 for film star Annette Seelos. Omaha grocer Reuben Kay made a version of it for his poker buddies, but the sandwich gained prominence when one of his poker buddies' employees submitted the recipe for a sandwich contest in 1955 and won.
8 slices dark pumpernickel bread
8 ounces turkey breast
¾ cup sauerkraut
8 ½ ounce Swiss cheese (for lactose free diet, choose lactose free cheese)
1 tsp caraway seeds
4 Tbsp Thousand Island dressing, divided
- Spread dressing on one side of each slice of the bread. Top 4 slices of bread with one slice of cheese each. Top cheese with turkey breast, sauerkraut, caraway seeds and a second piece of cheese.
- Cover with a second piece of bread.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to med-high; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Place sandwich in pan. Cook 1 minute.
- Spray top side of sandwich, flip and cook an additional minute until crispy and cheese is melted. Cool slightly and cut in half.
Recipe from: Celebrate! Healthy Entertaining for any Occasion, an American Cancer Society Cookbook