Per Serving: 215 calories, 3g fat, 32g carbs, 15g protein, 5mg chol, High fiber
NOTE: This recipe is OK for those on the LMD (Low Microbial Diet), Vegetables must be well-cooked, & NO PEPPER after cooking is complete.
Add any combination of vegetables to suit your taste.
- In a frying pan, cook onions in butter until translucent.
- In a large soup pot, combine onions with sweet potatoes, white potatoes, carrots, zucchini, and beans.
- Add broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add broccoli, peas, and paprika 10 minutes before serving.
- Season to taste. The soup can be pureed in a blender or food processor if desired.
Recipe from: The Cancer Survival Cookbook by Donna Weihofen, RD, MS & Christina Marino, MD, MPH