Imaging Clinic at Hoover Pavilion 1 in Palo Alto
Part of Imaging Clinic (Radiology)
Imaging Clinic at Hoover Pavilion 1 in Palo Alto (Hoover Medical Campus)
The newly renovated Hoover Pavilion, the original Palo Alto Hospital, now offers walk-in Diagnostic X-ray.
At Stanford Health Care Imaging Services, we offer leading-edge imaging services to enable a precise diagnosis and to guide your personalized healthcare management.
Because of our unique instrumentation, we can provide our patients with imaging capabilities not available elsewhere in the western United States.
We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of patient-centered service by creating a warm, private, and caring environment.
Diagnostic X-Rays walk-in appointment:
Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Closed for lunch 12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
211 Quarry Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Call us to schedule an appointment at any of our imaging locations. Our CT and MRI services are available seven days a week, including evenings. Same-day appointments are also available.
PREPARE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Bring your driver's license or some form of identification, your insurance card, and the name and telephone number of your referring doctor.
- Please arrive promptly at your provided arrival time. Late arrivals may result in a rescheduled appointment.
Call us to make an appointment
Radiology Scheduling Center:
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
For Referring Physicians
RADIOLOGY PHYSICIAN TO PHYSICIAN CONSULT LINE
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
The reading room assistant is available to connect you with our sub-specialty radiologists and technologists. Please have the patient’s name, DOB, and medical record available.
- Advice on what imaging study to order in a given clinical situation
- STAT READ requests or report clarification
- Consultation about specific imaging sequences or special requests
- Inpatient exam schedule status updates
- Report availability
Please direct any outpatient scheduling, rescheduling or cancellations to the Stanford Radiology Scheduling Center.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Stanford Health Care provides comprehensive services to refer and track patients, as well as the latest information and news for physicians and office staff. For help with all referral needs and questions, visit Referring Physicians.
You may also submit a web referral or complete a referral form and fax it to 650-320-9443 or e-mail the Referral Center at ReferralCenter@stanfordhealthcare.org
HOW TO REFER
If this is your first time referring a patient to Stanford for imaging, please complete the Unknown Provider Form (PDF) for the Medical Staff Office provider database.
Stanford Health Care Imaging Services - For general radiology referrals, please complete the Requisition / Exam Order Form (PDF), and for radiology wellness exams, use the CT Virtual Colonoscopy Requisition Form (PDF), or the CT Lung Cancer Screening Requisition Form (PDF).
Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley Imaging Services - For general radiology referrals, please complete the Requisition / Exam Order Form (PDF), and for radiology wellness exams, use the CT Lung Cancer Screening Requisition Form (PDF).
Stanford Medicine Imaging and Express Care - For general radiology referrals, please complete the Requisition/Exam Order Form.
CMS Mandate and Imaging Clinical Decision Support (CDS)
What you need to know about patients with Medicare Part B and Advanced Diagnostic Imaging, effective January 1, 2022.
- The Protecting Access to Medicare Act (PAMA) of 2014, established the Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC) program to increase use of AUC for advanced diagnostic imaging services (CT, MRI, PET, Nuclear Medicine) for Medicare Part B recipients.
- Effective January 1st, 2022 providers must consult Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC) through a qualified Clinical Decision Support Mechanism (qCDSM) when ordering advanced diagnostic imaging services.
- The purpose is to enable providers to order the most appropriate tests for patients while minimizing unnecessary radiation, intravenous contrast exposure, and potential risks of invasive procedures.
- A free clinical decision support tool is available at qcdsm.nationaldecisionsupport.com
- Stanford Health Care radiology paper requisitions include CDS required fields or you may submit the Imaging Clinical Decision Support Fax Form with your referral.
- PRISM - Send and manage radiology orders online. Portal to include Medicare (CMS) mandate support features, such as:
*Clinical Decision Support Mechanism (qCDSM) when ordering advanced diagnostic imaging services.
*Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN) - notification that services are likely not covered by Medicare.
- Send referrals online
- Place radiology orders
- View referral status
- Access medical records
To schedule an imaging (radiology) appointment, call 650-723-6855.
Our radiology scheduling center is open Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.