Safety and Efficacy of Exendin 9-39 in Patients With Postbariatric Hypoglycemia
Trial ID or NCT#
This clinical study will evaluate whether taking an investigational drug called exendin 9-39 is safe, well-tolerated, and helps to prevent low blood sugar in people who have had bariatric surgery and later develop a rare condition called postbariatric hypoglycemia (PBH).
A Phase 2, Multicenter, Randomized, Single-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Cross-over Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Exendin 9-39 in Patients With Postbariatric Hypoglycemia
- - Body mass index (BMI) of up to 40 kg/m2
- - Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) surgery performed ≥12 months prior
- - Diagnosis of PBH
- - At least 2 episodes during screening 2-week run-in phase of severe hypoglycemia
- - Other cause of endogenous hyperinsulinism other than PBH
- - Metabolic or bariatric surgical procedure other than RYGB
- - History of non-RYGB upper GI surgery
- - Use of agents that may interfere with glucose metabolism
Contact us to find out if this trial is right for you.
About this Clinical Trial
Your Message Will Go ToAileen Muno
Go Back To The Trial