Some patients may self-refer for consultation appointments. Please call us if you're unsure if a doctor referral is required.
If you need to reschedule your appointment, please call us at least 24 hours prior to your visit.
PREPARE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
Once you are scheduled, you will be emailed or mailed a confirmation package that includes the time and location of your appointment, maps, a medical history form, and any patient education pertinent to your visit.
- If you are self-referred, please complete and bring the Basic Self-Referral Form, IVC Filter Self-Referral Form, DVT/Leg Swelling Self-Referral Form, whichever is applicable.
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring contact information for your referring doctor, primary care doctor, and any other doctors you would like us to stay in contact with regarding you care.
- For imaging studies (CT, MRI, ultrasound, PET scan) done at another facility, please have available what imaging study was done, where, and their contact information. We will instruct you or the facility on how to send us the images (usually a CD or DVD) and the radiologist's report. It is important that we get the images in advance.
- For lab tests done at another hospital, please ask them to fax us a copy of the results.
- If you have been asked to watch a video, it is very important that you watch this before your appointment.
- Plan to be at the clinic for 60-90 minutes.
For Referring Physicians
HOW TO REFER
Please fax us a completed new patient referral form to 650-725-0533 along with any pertinent medical records. You can also call us at 650-736-9081 for clinic and procedure consult requests. If you are able to send imaging studies (actual images on CD), please forward them to:
300 Pasteur Drive, Room H3630
Stanford, CA 94305
Our requested images and lab testing are listed below; however, we are happy to help coordinate this testing when appropriate.
SCHEDULING YOUR PATIENT
An initial consultation typically takes 60–90 minutes. If your office is scheduling multiple appointments for the same day, please allow enough time between appointments, so that we can provide the best care possible.
For all in-patient referrals:
- For URGENT consults, page the IR CONSULT Fellow on call at 650-723-4000, pager #27237.
- For non-urgent consults fax a referral to IR at 650-736-7734.