Bio: Payam Massaband received his Bachelors degree in Neuroscience at UCLA in 1998 and MD degree at USC in 2002. Dr. Massaband has been a staff radiologist at the VA Palo Alto since graduating from Radiology residency and fellowship at Stanford in 2010. Dr. Massaband concentrated on imaging of the cardiovascular and musculoskeletal organ systems in fellowship. In the acting chief role since 2012, he has concentrated on clinical excellence, process improvement and residency education. Dr. Massaband was named the Stanford Radiology Residency Program Director in 2015.
- Fellowship: Stanford Hospital and Clinics (2010) CA
- Residency: Stanford Hospital and Clinics (2009) CA
- Residency: Stanford Hospital and Clinics (2004) CA
- Internship: Stanford Hospital and Clinics (2003) CA
- Board Certification: Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology (2009)
- Medical Education: USC Keck School of Medicine (2002) CA
Honors & Awards
- Junior Faculty Teacher of the Year, Stanford University Department of Radiology (June 2013)
- Residency Program Director, Stanford Department of Radiology (2015 - Present)
- Acting Chief of Radiology, VA Palo Alto Health Care System (2012 - Present)
Improved cardiovascular flow quantification with time-resolved volumetric phase-contrast MRI
Hsiao, A., Alley, M. T., Massaband, P., Herfkens, R. J., Chan, F. P., & Vasanawala, S. S. (2011). Improved cardiovascular flow quantification with time-resolved volumetric phase-contrast MRI. PEDIATRIC RADIOLOGY, 41(6), 711-720.