Notice: Users may be experiencing issues with displaying some pages on stanfordhealthcare.org. We are working closely with our technical teams to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Find the latest information on COVID-19, monkeypox, and the flu vaccine
We are available to assist you 24/7.
New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
Alcoholic Cirrhosis Symptoms
What Are the Symptoms of Alcoholic Liver Cirrhosis?
Symptoms of alcoholic liver cirrhosis include:
- Losing muscle tone (atrophy)
- Bruising easily
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice)
- Fluid build-up and swelling of the legs (edema) and abdomen (ascites)
- Bleeding in your mouth (mouth bleeds) or vomiting blood
- Patchy red skin on the palms of your hands (erythema)
- Confusion, memory loss, poor concentration, and mental fog