Our Approach to Dilation and Stenting
Dilation and stenting can help free you from the discomfort and worry that esophageal strictures (narrowing) cause. This minimally invasive treatment gently widens your esophagus and, if necessary, keeps it open using a thin, flexible mesh tube called a stent.
Our skilled doctors have specialized knowledge in performing advanced techniques, like pneumatic dilation therapy, that are not offered by other health care centers. A team of gastrointestinal specialists will work with you to find an effective treatment solution that meets your specific needs and treatment goals.
What We Offer You for Dilation and Stenting
- Unmatched experience from doctors who have performed thousands of dilation procedures, allowing us to quickly and effectively relieve symptoms.
- Expert care from board-certified doctors, many of whom have received advanced training in specialized treatments like dilation and stenting.
- Progressive treatment, including pneumatic dilation therapy, which is not routinely offered in other health care centers in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- The latest technology, including endoscopes with advanced image processing capabilities that help our doctors deliver more precise results when performing your treatment.
- Team-based treatment planning that brings together many gastrointestinal specialists to tailor treatment to your specific needs.
INTERESTED IN AN ONLINE SECOND OPINION?
The Stanford Medicine Online Second Opinion program offers you easy access to our world-class doctors. It’s all done remotely and you don’t have to visit our hospital or one of our clinics for this service. You don’t even need to leave home!
Visit our online second opinion page to learn more.