Possible Complications Associated with Eyelid Surgery
Possible complications associated with eyelid surgery may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Temporary vision problems - double or blurred vision may occur after undergoing eyelid surgery. This typically lasts for just a few days following the surgery.
- Eye closure problems - some patients may have difficulty closing their eyes when they sleep; in rare cases this condition may be permanent.
- Swelling or asymmetry changes - temporary swelling and a slight imbalance of one eye in relation to the other may occur during the healing or scarring process.
- Acne - after the stitches are removed, tiny whiteheads may appear. The surgeon can remove the whiteheads with a very fine needle.
- Ectropion - this extremely rare complication is the pulling down of the lower lids. Further surgery may be required in order to correct this symptom.